Saturday, July 01, 2006

SP, Palo Alto, CA

Your love is amazing. I am so glad that you are in charge. I saw A again, now for the 3rd day in a row. Tuesday he had his Bacardirum, yesterday he was walking around and around the park. Today, he was sitting on a bench, his eyes moist. Communication was a challenge, but by his expression, I think this is where he was:
"Not so good."
"You-Christian?"
"You-pray"
"Bible... in Arabic?...

He left me his cell phone # for the feild team to fill his desire for an Arabic Bible. I left him my e-mail. Oh, how my heart breaks for a hurting soul that longs to know peace! Oh how God loves and pursues him!

Thank you Jesus for this week! I've tasted of your compassion for your world, of the beauty of your children across the lands: Turkish, Maledonian, Egyptian, Chileno and Mexican, German, American, Chinese... of your love that transcends all languages and culture, that brings healing for bodies, for loneliness, for hopelessness, and whose goodness beckons me forward, out of self and into HIS work and love.